When an attorney friend approached Vince Lawrence, he stated that his nephew was “interested in rap music”. Slang producers recognized his potential and created a real path to cultivating it. Twelve months later, Jake sat with the top industry executives at Jive records, Sony Music, Warner and more.
Slang created a “development team” that worked on the artist’s weakness and built on his strengths. Slang ideologies helped to ensure that the artist evolved as a brand with multi-merchandise touch points, ultimately resulting in a more marketable commodity.
The Slang Team organized for the creative part of this project included:
- Music Composers
- Lyric Writers
- Vocal Coaches
- Feature Artists (celeb appearances)
- Wardrobe Stylists
- 12 song album
- Developed and produced mixtape featuring DJ Khaled & DJ Drama Hosted by B96 Mixshow personality
- Develop “dorm dance contest” as YouTube fan builder tactic around JQ’s “go down and show” song energizing college age fans and creating over 1 million views
- Engage national mixshow DJs creating branded mixtape
- Coordinate national airplay campaign, receiving over 1000 BDS detections
- Develop strategy for street marketing campaigns
- Develop remix contest scenario, create partnership with popular site Remix Galaxy
- Connect artist with local taste makers/trend influencers