We create music that is relevant and at the forefront of the industry for artists, television, film, and gaming.
Our team of experienced experts enables us to create music that enhances brand equity by touching consumers and listeners in a visceral way. We work side-by-side with a variety of industry professionals to further our ability to execute large-scale musical initiatives.
Our music is critically acclaimed. Our approach is unique. Our forward thinking has led to the creation of the house music genre, multiple RIAA Gold & Platinum awards, and the development of new and innovative talent. These achievements translate to passionate advocates of our music and product, ultimately driving revenue.
Slang Music Group is led by a select group of highly accomplished music producers and business entrepreneurs. We believe that a comfortable and encouraging work environment directly contributes to the innovation and creativity of our staff , which translates into a positive, efficient, and excellent client experience.
Consider this overview of our experience as an invitation to meet with us and explore how we might help you advance your brand and business goals. For more information please contact Vince Lawrence at email@example.com
Founder, CEO, Producer
- Co-Authored “On and On” considered the first house music song recorded along with “Funk U Up”, the first house track to ever make it onto Billboard charts.
- Co-wrote “Love Can’t Turn Around”. which launched the House movement in the UK by reaching #10 on the UK Singles Chart.
- Credit with the initial organization of Trax Records (the seminal Chicago House label).
- As founder of Chicago’s Slang Music Group, Vince has evolved from artist and producer to entrepreneur and marketer, creating unique symbiosis between music and brands.
Yuki Tasaka, originally from Japan, calls Chi-Town his true home. Like most team members at Slang, Yuki is a proficient engineer, midi-programmer, musician, producer and DJ. A Grammy nomination came very early on in his career, working at various major recording studios in Chicago. Assisting and apprenticing major engineers in Chicago, Yuki quickly gained a masters sensibility, “the magic touch”. He has worked along side great artists ( Black Eyed Peas, Donald Lawrence, Charles Jenkins, Brandon Howard, Jim Jones, Jeremih, Rivers Cuomo (from Weezer), Survivor etc) learning while leading. His love of underground scene has led to interaction with many notable indie artists. Yuki noticed Vince had a similar passion and made Slang Music Group his home base.
- Recording and Mix Engineer: R.Kelly – “Double Up”
- Engineer and Programmer for current Grammy Award Nominated Album R.Kelly – “Untitled”
- Programming, Engineering: Britney Spears Greatest Hits: My Prerogative [Import Bonus CD]
- Engineer: Twista – “Kamikaze”
- Programming, Engineer, Mixing: Ruben Studdard – “I Need an Angel”
- Programming, Engineer: Roll Bounce – [Original Soundtrack]
- Engineer: 2 Fast 2 Furious – [Original Soundtrack]
- Engineer, Digital Editing, Editing: Shaft – [2000 Original Soundtrack]
Founder Operator Media, Sound Engineer, Musician, Producer, Creative Director, Designer
- Produced, Mixed, performed with or remixed over 40 artists including Björk, The Swans, Skrew, Machines of Loving Grace, Pigface, Stabbing Westeard, Gravity Kills, Pigface, Pansy Division, KMFDM, Chemlab, Hal Russel NRG Ensemble, and more.
- Written and released over 50 singles and albums with 10 Billboard dance top tens hits.
- Type designer responsible for over 100 commercially available typefaces.
- Creative Director for 2 of Ad Age’s “Top 15 Campaigns of the 21st century,” Dove Campaign for real Beauty and the Truth campaign.
Associate Producer / App Developer
- Co-wrote the Frankie Knuckles produced classic “Let The Music Use You” by the Night Writers.
- Writer on CeCe Peniston’s “We Got A Love Thang” and producer on “Never Gonna Let You Go” by Tina Moore, both international top 10 hits.
- Remixes: Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Prince & The NPG, Solange, Kelly Rowland, Mint Condition, Blackbox, just to name a few.
- Co-Founder of the ground-breaking live House music band, Mr A.L.I.
- As part of Groovebug, a company started out of Northwestern University’s NUvention web program, helped to develop mobile apps for the historic/iconic record labels, Blue Note and Deustche Grammophon.
- As recording artist “Joe Smooth” he wrote the biggest most covered house anthems of all time “Promised Land”, followed by “They Want To Be Free” recorded for CNN as the soundtrack for Nelson Mandela’s release
- In 1985 he joined the DJ International family and quickly became a central force behind everything written or produced for the label
- Collaborated with: Frankie Knuckles, Marshall Jefferson, Tyree Cooper, Fast Eddie, Fingers Inc., The Art Of Noise, The Pet Shop Boys, Brian McKnight, Atlantic Starr, New Order, Steve Hurley , etc.
- Written and released over 150 songs worldwide and associated with over 10,000,000 record sales
- Roy’s production included work on albums for the like of N-Sync, Britney Spears, Nas, Michael Jackson, Samantha Mumba and Keith Sweat.
- Produced the #1 hit “Stutter” for Joe (PoP) and “Liar” for Profyle (R&B), as well as top 20 hits “Friend of Mine (Rmx)” for Kelly Price and “Wanna Do You Right” for K-Ci and Jojo
- During his tenure at Capitol Records, Roy helped to develop projects for LeToya Luckett, Chingy, Mims, and J.Holiday
- Recently, Roy’s production hit the Billboard Top 10 again with R.Kelly’s hit single “Number One” featuring Keri Hilson, and the track appeared on Kelly’s Untitled album in December.